Thursday, January 7, 2010

What Can I Do?

Last night we focused on our speech. I pray that some of the thoughts that we saw from Proverbs 15 will take root in our lives. Here they are...



1. My speech needs to be soft v. 1

- Do I use my speech to settle things down?

- Do I use my speech to stir things up?



2. My speech needs to be sound/smart v. 2

- Is my speech proper?

~Knowing what to say

~Knowing when to say it

- Is my speech poor?

~ My mouth just pours out foolishness



3. My speech needs to be soothing v. 4

- Do I use my speech to help others (A tree of life is like giving help and healing to others)

- Do I use my speech to hurt others (Vicious speech that breaks the spirit of others)



Verse 3 tells us that the eyes of the Lord are watching the good and the evil. He know how you are treating others, and He knows how you have been treated. Let's use our words to make a positive difference in the lives of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers