Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Purpose Statement

What do you think of this as a purpose statement for the ministry? "Helping you get where God wants you to be!" You might ask, "Where is it that God wants me to be?" The answer to that question goes back to clarifying the win which is to see people getting saved, being sanctified and actively serving the Lord.

The word you in the purpose statement reminds me of the importance of individuals. I put it this way, "Our desire is to reach an individual so he can impact his family so they can affect their community. If each individual does his job we can reach the world." We so often focus on the group that the individual gets lost in the crowd. Individuals are important to God!

This truth led me to ask a few more questions about how to best minister to individuals. Question one is, "How can I know what a person's need is?" Question two goes along with question one and that is, "How can people share their needs?" These our questions that each person that takes part in ministering needs to answer. I welcome any ideas you might have on this subject.

The last question I'd ask is, "Will you be God's hands to provide a personal touch?" Everyone is important, and everyone needs to be a part. If we can get focused in this area I believe it would have a huge impact on us, our families, church, community, and etc.. etc..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers