Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Devotional Bible Study

We had a great time going through the devotional method of Bible study this past Sunday morning. I am challenging each person to get just a little deeper into God's Word one time per week. We meet at 9:45 am on Sundays and I think it will be a benefit to your personal time with the Lord. Let me share what we went over on Sunday.

Passage: Philippians 3:13-14

Prayer: __ (Check here when you have prayed over this passage)

Meditation:
1. I have not arrived
2. I am focused on my goal
3. The past is the past and I am moving forward
4. I am ready to work hard to reach my goal
5. I am laying up my treasures in Heaven

Application: (The specifics are up to you)
1. So that I will not feel like I've arrived, I will constantly challenge myself to do more for Christ
2. To stay focused, I will identify and eliminate the things that sidetrack me
3. I will document past experiences that will help me grow closer to the Lord
4. I will ask God to show me what He has for me to do and will outline a plan to get it done
5. I will list the things that I am doing for Christ right now

Assessment of the Application: (Do this over the next couple of weeks)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers