Friday, February 5, 2010

Where do you stand on Alcohol?

It sounds like I panicked a few people on Wednesday Night as I began the message on alcohol. I didn't even realize it, but I was made aware of it after the service. Sorry to those who were offended, but I just had to share some helpful tips for drinking in moderation. I also thought it would be helpful to dispel some of those common myths that go along with alcohol. I thought they were pretty entertaining, but some may not have understood my methods. Here is the part from Proverbs.

I. The Deceiving Factor - Proverbs 20:1
a. You may act like a fool (Be mocked)
b. You may act foul (Be in a rage)

II. The Dependence Factor - Proverbs 23:29-35
a. There is woe v. 29 (Crying out)
b. There is sorrow v. 29 (Want)
c. There are contentions v. 29 (Fighting)
d. There is babbling v. 29 (Constant talk)
e. There are injuries without cause v. 29 (Because of foolishness)
f. There is redness of eyes v. 29 (Indicates there is a problem)
g. It bites and stings like a snake v. 32
h. My flesh takes over v. 33
i. Trouble is coming v. 34
j. It hasn't caught up with me yet v. 35
k. I can't wait to do it again v. 35

III. The Dangerous Factor - Proverbs 31:4-7
a. It can harm our reasoning v. 5
b. It can harm our remembrance v. 6, 7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers