Wednesday, August 5, 2009

It's been a long time

It has been quite a while since I entered anything on this blog. I am sorry about the absence but I am making it a point to update this a few times a week. You can find thoughts from our Wednesday night Bible studies as well as our Sunday morning studies. I'll also try to post pictures from time to time of our activities.

My quote as I begin the school year is, "Discipline starts today!" This quote is one that I need to recite over and over to myself. I am the great excuse maker and I'm not too bad at procrastination either. This is a deadly combination to deal with. Discipline applies to every area of my life; my Bible study time, my eating, my exercising, my entertainment, and any other area you would like to place in there.

The verse shared on Sunday by Dr. Gibbs has been a real help to me this week in the area of the discipline of holiness. 1Peter 1:15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; In every area of my life God demands holiness. I have quoted this verse many times already this week in an effort to keep this idea always before me. I'd encourage you to take a look at the verse and seek to apply it to your life as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers